Saturday, April 2, 2011

aquarLiam Package and Shrimp Updates!

I received my package from aquarLiam today:

Azoo Max Bio Balls | aquarLiam inverteBites Green

Azoo Max Bio Balls:
   - Contains selected beneficial bacteria and enzymes, effectively breaking down ammonia, nitrite
   and nitrate in the substrate and water.
   - Slowly breaks down for the build-up of stable and long-lasting bio bacteria colony in the
   gravel bed.
   - Each ball contains 2×107 bacteria. The bacteria process starts when put in the water.
Ingredients:
   - Bacillus subtilis, Aspergllus olize, Bitido bacteruru, Protease, α-amylase

aquarLiam inverteBites Green:
   - A unique blend of plant matter, algae, vitamins, minerals, and immunoglobulins tailored
   specifically toward shrimp and snails.
Ingredients:
   - organic barley straw, organic spinach, broccoli, seaweed, rolled oats, spirulina, garlic, chlorella,
   organic whole wheat flour, montmorillonite clay, yeast, natural oyster shell calcium,
   immunoglobulin, trace vitamins and minerals

-------

Berried CBS
I also spotted this berried Crystal Black Shrimp today.  The eggs appear to be green in color, the first time I've seen this.  CBS are surprisingly harder to find, since most keepers prefer CRS; hopefully I get a nice colony started with this clutch.

I also spotted a berried CRS yesterday and since it was April Fool's Day, I thought my eyes were deceiving me.  But sure enough, there is a female full of eggs; haven't had the chance to take a clear picture yet.

My Super Tigers are doing well and I have 1-week old shrimplets from the most recent batch.  They are growing quite fast; I'm feeding them Shirakura Chi Ebi, powder food tailored for shrimplets.

Fire Reds, Rili, and OEBTs are reaching maturity and should be breeding soon; by that time, I should have my 20Ls converted to shrimp tanks and cycled, ready for more shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment